Thursday, May 30, 2013

Blue Collar Gold Swagger for the Office

I'm a sports fan, and I like to show support for my favorite teams, especially in anticipation of big games.  At work, however, I still need to dress "office-appropriate," which means jeans and jerseys are off-limits (as are my candy-stripe pants during IU basketball season).  No matter - I still find ways to tout my team spirit, and I'm not really a fan of jerseys anyway!

Tonight, our own Indiana Pacers take on the Miami Heat in Game 5 of Eastern Conference Finals.  I decided to wear just a touch of "Blue Collar Gold Swagger" with mustard pants and a navy blazer. I like the unconventional juxtaposition of the ultra-casual grey Pacers t-shirt with the formality of the jacket.  Of course, the  Poetic License shoes echo the blue and gold color scheme.  This pair of spectators features stripes and tassels - a combination of my favorite elements in one glorious shoe!  
Pants:  Larry Levine
Jacket:  Jones New York
Bag:  Relic
Shoes:  Poetic License
Citrine ring:  David Yurman
Monogram Pendant:  Ross Simons
Earrings:  Roberto Coin
The shoes and mustard pants aren't reserved just for Blue Collar Gold Swagger days; I've also paired them with chambray and a fun, vintage Isabella Fiore handbag (below), for a different look.  Who says mustard is hard to wear?!
How do you "shoe" your team spirit?  Would you pair a casual team logo t-shirt with a blazer?
Go Pacers!
With Pacers' Roy Hibbert and Paul George at Zoobilation 2011
Fashion is what you buy; Style is what you do with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment